Apply for a PG Work permit within 6 months after the completion of studies.

Graduated from a full-time program (8 months minimum) from an eligible Designated Learning Institution:

  • Public post-secondary school, such as a college, trade/ technical school or university, or CEGEP in Quebec
  • private secondary or post-secondary school (in Quebec) that offers qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer
  • Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree) and

- Length of the work permit depends on the duration of the study

1-year PG work permit may be issued to the students who have graduated from a 1-year study program

3 years PG work permit may be issued to the students who have graduated from 2 years study program

Note: Students who are planning to apply for Post Graduate Work Permit shall check the Designated Learning Institutions that offer programs which are eligible for PGWP

Click here: Designated Learning Institution List

Spousal Work Permit:

  • If you are a full-time student at a Designated Learning Institution, your spouse can apply for an Open Work Permit
  • During your PG Work permit, if you are a full-time employee and your job is related to NOC 0, A or B skilled category. Than your spouse can apply for open work permit