Guidance to International students who are planning to study in Canada
- Determine student’s eligibility to apply for an Institution
- Guidance for Program Selection
- Admission/ Transfer into a Designated Learning Institution (Public & Private Schools)
- Assistance for study visa
- Note: Students who are planning to apply for Post Graduate Work Permit shall check the Designated Learning Institutions that offer programs that are eligible for PGWP
Click here: Designated Learning Institution List
THINGS TO KNOW
Important things to know as an international student in Canada:
- As an International student you can work while studying (20 hours a week during academics and 40 hours a week during scheduled breaks)
- Your Spouse can apply for an Open Work Permit, if you are a full-time student in a Designated Learning Institution
- The current minimum wage rate is $14 in Ontario, Canada
- Approximate living expenses range from $600 to $1000 depending on the room sharing.
- Kijjiji, Craigs list, Toronto room rentals (Facebook) and other sources like Community Groups of yours is a great source for searing initial Accommodation in Canada.
- Students can look for Part-Time Jobs which are actively posted in Kijjiji, Craigs list, indeed, Facebook Websites or they can get registered in Employment Agencies
PRIVILLAGES AND DISCOUNTS
- Special discounts on stores purchases, sign up for SPC card
- metro pass at a student discounted price
- Free banking services
- Special offers in some trips, vacations and movies
- Scholarships for merit students.
- Medical Insurance which is usually provided by the Institutions
- Avail Free Services from Social Employment Agencies like YMCA, ACCESS EMPLOYMENT...