OPEN WORK PERMIT
May be eligible for Open Work Permit under the following conditions:
- An international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
- Co-op work permit student
- A student who’s no longer able to meet the expenses of their education
- Applied for permanent residence in Canada
- International Experience Class (Working holiday, Young Professionals. International Co-op)
- Workers under the International agreements, such as NAFTA
- Intra Company transferees’ workers (MNCs)
- A dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
- Spouse or common-law partner of a skilled foreign worker or international student
- Spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- A foreign worker who was nominated from a province
- A refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member are under an unenforceable removal order
- A temporary resident permit holder
- Religious workers
Closed WORK PERMIT (LMIA required)
Labour Market Impact Assessment (Job Offer)
How does this work?
If an employer is unable to find a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident to fill the job position. He can hire a foreign national who is qualified to work in that position.
Initially, the employer must advertise for at least 4 weeks in various mediums such as Canadian job bank, newspapers and other job portals.
Despite, if the employer is unable to find any Canadian who can meet the job requirements or not satisfied with the candidates he interviewed. The employer can choose an express entry candidate and can give him a job offer if he meets the requirements. Or else if he finds a candidate who is an International student or foreign worker to create an express entry profile. From which the employer can provide a permanent job offer
After determining the candidate, the employer needs to apply for Employment & Social Development Canada to get an LMIA. This Organization will make sure that the job offer does not create any negative impact on the Labour Market. And will assess all the factors such as salary offered, job position and Company's profile.
ESDC gives a positive LMIA for this job offer to the employer. The employer must send this copy to the foreign worker to apply for a work permit.
This work permit will be closed work permit, which includes the Company's name and job title of the employee.
Validity: 1 or 2 years
This job offer gives 50 points to the express entry candidate